What's this?Imagine the following
- Single parent needs one of the friends to give a ride to their kid(s) to/from school.
- Vet needs a ride to VA Hospital or the nearest mall.
Their choices are
- Call UBER/taxi
- Call Friends and ask
- Go on WhatsApp to their network for friends? Or, their group of car poolers/drivers that have offered to help?
Can we make it better?
- What if taxi was cost prohibitive like it is for most on a fixed income?
- What of calling friends and playing tag takes too long?
- Would WhatsApp work? What if you are new to the area or would like to reach out to trusted parties for help?
Imagine now that there is an organization that serves the person since they belong to a group. Here is what I think it could look like but I need help to see if it makes sense and is viable.
Single parent is part of a group of school parents that they trust.
- They can the rideShare App and ask those parents via the App for a ride.
- And, they can add their trusted circle of neighbours, friends, family but this set of folks are not part of the "trusted parents from school" group.
- But, both get the request.
- First person to respond with a confirmation wins and others get to know that the request was fulfilled.
Imagine that the VA verifies (background check) a set of volunteers in the Valley.
- They are part of the RideShare Program.
- Any other VA could come to this group and ask for a ride.
- Any volunteer that can meet the need can respond and everyone else would know that the need was met.
Would people use this? Would it be of value? Let me know.